Friday We had at least 10 people over here, and it was some chaotic fun for many hours….
Some camping stuff I remember:
* full moon, but later cloud cover made the light very diffuse – could walk around without a flashlight
* first time we ever saw a vehicle past the 2nd gate – an ambulance skulked around for hours, occasionally siren’ing or making 10-point U-turns – someone had been rescued
* Gary/TwoBean’s first time there
* the 2nd gate was completely open! Never seen that, ever.
* ran late, making Evan the first person there. He couldn’t find the site without people already in it, and ended up walking around for miles over an hour.
* ate late at sheets, making Clint too full to really eat anything significant until the next day
* Evan brought no stuff because he thought he’d go back to the cabin, but other people had enough stuff to cover him when he realized that wasn’t happening
* paranoia: Evan mistakes the moon as a spotlight
* NOT cold – only wore 3 layers at night, didn’t even zip up my sleeping bag completely
* vertical log to make the fire go out = neat
* creek not running
* only saw one set of people riding horses
* 5 out of 8 of us went on a night walk down to Evan‘s car
Kick-ass weekend overall. (more…)