September 30, 2012
Posted by Clint under Links
| Tags: AbuseOfAuthority
Leave a Comment
VIDEO: Problem Cop Richard Jouppi Punches Wheelchair-Bound 50-Yr-Old Repeatedly In Face
A drunkard threatens to throw a jacket, and slightly slaps a cop in the face…
…vs a cop punching a man in a wheelchair 3 times in a row, and throwing him backward into the ground.
A bit disproportionate, especially considering the cop is supposed to be sober, good, and one who deescalates a situation and stops harm.
Lovely that he threatens the person he was supposedly protecting too.
Turns out, this cop is already a bad cop. He’d already signed an agreement stating if he fucked up again, he’d be fired, after tipping off a sex criminal in direct violation of a department’s interests. He lied about how many times he hit the man in the wheelchair on the report. And they dropped the charges against Drunken Wheelchair Man as well. They probably would have had a good case against Drunken Wheelchair Man if Asshole Officer Richard Jouppi HADN’T gone overboard and lied about it.
Of course if a camera wasn’t around, the cop’s lies would have stood and court and been sustained in a conviction. Nobody is safe from police lies as long as are deemed a magical truth by any judge.
LINK URL: http://www.blacklistednews.com/VIDEO%3A_Cop_Punches_Wheelchair-Bound_50-Yr-Old_Repeatedly_In_Face/21763/0/38/38/Y/M.html
September 30, 2012
Posted by Clint under Links
| Tags: animatedGIFs
Leave a Comment
PICTURES: flux machine
Hard to explain, but: Kind of creepy animated GIFs made from vintage black and white pictures. The vintage pictures evoke a time long before animated GIFs, which evoke a post-modern time. The clash between the two, combined with the creepy psychedelic choices made… represent some really interesting images.
LINK URL: http://fluxmachine.tumblr.com
September 29, 2012
Hadn’t gone for almost 2 months! Lost our steam.
This was an unplanned expedition — we woke up late, around 11:30AM, and decided to go to Burger King and a yardsale that was posted for Ravensworth Rd.
We ended up finding a few bonus sales that were never posted online.
As our main point was to get food and go to the Dollar Store, we only counted the time and mileage that deviated from our plan. This made the calculations a bit more complicated than usual, and there was some estimating involved.
We spent about 1 hour, 4 minutes yardsaleing.
Spent $2.00 plus ~$2.05 gas for 6 miles of driving (12mpg*0.8mi + 9.6mpg*1.7mi + 12.5mpg*2.7mi + 9.9mpg*0.8mi, all @ $3.79/G), for a total cost of $4.05.
We made 32 purchases/gets (41 items) for a total estimated value of $511.86, leading to a profit/savings of $507.81.
So in essence, we multiplied our $4.08 investment by 126X.
(Also, if you think about it, the profit counts for even more when you consider that we have to earn $558 on the job, pre-tax, in order to take home the $507.81 that we saved. How long does $507.81 of disposable income take to earn, vs the 1 hour we spent today?)
Anyway, this works out to a *post-tax* “wage” of $479.87/hr as a couple or $239.93/hr per person. Absolutely crazy, record-breaking numbers today. But a lot of the stuff was valuable stuff nobody really wants or can use. Funny how that works out.
Unattended yardsale that just had a sign out that said “free stuff”. Crazy amount of stuff. Where most of our stuff came from.
Guy’s pack-rat brother died of an aneurysm, so he flew out from San Francisco and basically had a yard full of junk. As we arrived late, he was pretty much giving everything away. Including 2 trombones. We took 1.
- $1.00: chair, camping chair, tan, cup-holder, carrying bag (EV:$9.97) – Can’t have too many of these
- $1.00: lug wrench, tire iron (cross/superior style, larger than last one we paid $1 for) (EV:$15.50) – Now 2 of our cars have upgraded tire irons, yay!
- $-0.10: trombone, Bundy brand (EV:$75.44) – had a dime inside the case, so we were actually paid to take this :) – turns out trombone is like the easiest wind instrument to pay… I am surprised I could pick up on it so quickly, I’ve never been able to do ANY wind instrument outside of a recorder (lame)
- $FREE: duster, extendable, rainbow, Dollar Tree (3) (EV:$1.00/ea) – these definitely get used
- $FREE: antenna tuner, field strength/SWR tester, Radio Shack, cat no. 21-523, new in box (EV:$13.50) – will try to sell/give away/look at fondly before throwing away
- $FREE: clock radio, dual alarm, GE, model no. 7-4638B, 10x6x2″ (EV:$15.99) – spare alarm clock
- $FREE: paint, spray, winter gray gloss, Rust-oleum Painter’s Touch, 12oz, 2/3 full(EV:$1.76 * 2/3 = $1.17) – our siding is grey, so this may come in handy
- $FREE: battery charger & meter tester, GN Deluxe Universal, WY-108, 6.75×5.25×1.75 (EV:$10.00) – already have spare battery chargers, but at this point I’ll never need to buy one again
- $FREE: battery charger, universal Ni-Cd, MW, MW398, orange (EV:$9.99) – already have spare battery chargers, but at this point I’ll never need to buy one again
- $FREE: frame, 24.625×20.5″ (EV:$37.12) – largest frame we own now
- $FREE: CB radio, Realistic, TRC-449, production no. 70011686, serial no. 00055353 (EV:$15.00) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: CB radio, Realistic, Navaho, TRC-431, Serial no. 73626390, including microphone, Realistic cat no. 21-1172 (EV:$19.99) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: CB antenna, 46″: (EV:$16.95) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: CB antenna, Anttron 1700, 6′, 10-11 meter hi-power, 2′ 3/8″ fiberglass rod w/ 4′ SS Whip, #14 wire, 3/8×24 thread, new in package (EV:$13.79) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: CB antenna, Hustler, 1C-100 magnetic, 44″ length, new in package (EV:$24.95 price tag 16.75) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: CB antenna, Firestik II 5′ 5/8 wave, model FS5, (EV:$15.95) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: CB watt/SWR meter, Archer (EV:$13.99) – trying to sell on craigslist
- $FREE: dustpan, standing/long handle, Dollar Tree 138996 (EV:$1.00) – now Carolyn can clean without bending down as much
- $FREE: headphones (2), large ear/1970’s/studio headphones, Optimus, Nova-57, 1/4″ jack, 33-1056, left/right volume controls, new in box (EV:$8.54) – the ones I grew up with went bad, these are the best possible headphones. Not as comfy as modern headphones, but maximum sound quality, and seal your ears all the way around so you hear nothing else. What people use in studios and such.
- $FREE: headphones, large ear/1970’s/studio headphone, Realistic, Nova 40, 1/4″ jack (EV:$27.00) – another one!
- $FREE: headphones, Optimus, Pro 25, volume control, generic (EV:$1.25) – volume-control-build-in headphones are nice
- $FREE: headphones, stereo, Dollar Tree 656041 0SSL4, 4′ cord, new in package (EV:$1.00)
- $FREE: headphones, very generic (EV:$1.25)
- $FREE: umbrella, clampable, plastic tablecloth-like material, yellow/blue flowers, green background (EV:$12.00 Dart Drug price tag) – Carolyn’s mom had just paid for one of these, so Carolyn insisted on taking it because it was free
- $FREE: figurine, cat, metal (aluminum), 6″ (EV:$9.99) – dude selling his dead brother’s stuff forced it on Carolyn
- $FREE: CD-RW mini disks, Memorex, 4x, 5pk (EV:$6.99 price tag 1.93) – like DVD-Rs, but smaller. Neat. Would never buy these, but very well may use them sometime.
- $FREE: binoculars, Zenit, 25×60, field 7′, 148ft at 1000yds, ZE-IR (EV:$12.66) – we’re close to having a dedicated set of binoculars for every window-with-a-view in the house!
- $FREE: microphone, ham radio, The Astatic Corp, T-UG9 Stand, 12″ (EV:$69.99) – VERY nice microphone. Unfortunately it only hooks to ham radios, and we can’t use it for the computer or karaoke.
- $FREE: power strips (6), 6 plugs (EV:$6.99/ea) – we’d almost run out of these!
- $FREE: gas cans (2), 2 gal (EV:$6.18/ea) – my 5G one hurts my back and is too big. So we got 2 smaller ones for our cars, in case we ever have to walk to a gas station.
- $FREE: light socket to socket+2 outlets converter, with pull, 718B (EV:$1.85) – useful, I use many of these to create extra plugs around lights. Great if you don’t have enough plugs in your bathroom, for example.
- $FREE: carpet scrap, about 3’x2′ (EV:$5.00) – decided to keep this one in my trunk in case I ever have to fix a flat tire. More comfort, less road dirt.
2012 STATS SO FAR:
TOTAL EXPEDITIONS: 15
TOTAL HOURS: ~58:48
TOTAL MILES DRIVEN: ~629.5
TOTAL MONEY SPENT: $569.76
TOTAL ITEMS BOUGHT: 365-502 (depending on how you count multiple-item purchases: purchases vs items)
TOTAL ESTIMATED VALUE: $5,017.79
Click here for other Yard Sale-related postings.
* EV stands for “Estimated Value”, which I estimate by looking things up in Google Shopping/Google/Amazon/Ebay. I don’t always deduct for an item being used, unless it’s actually in worse condition in a way that matters. For example, I estimate books at the cover value. I also try to only count shipping if it’s the type of thing that would need to be shipped, and only if the price isn’t “fixed” (i.e. 1 cent items that cost $10 to ship would not be $10 in person). (more…)
September 28, 2012
September 28, 2012
So I was in an episode of The Office. I was Jim. But something had happened, and I had forgotten my shirt. We were in some assembly type meeting in a reverse ampitheatre. That is, it really reminded me of the real-life Squires Student Center at Virginia Tech, except instead of the teacher on the floor at the lowest level, with everyone looking down… We were sitting at that lowest level, looking up. This makes no sense, as that’s not how ampitheatre/classes are held. But nobody noticed this.
So I was hanging out, kinda joking around, not paying too much attention to this assembly… When one of The Office characters (Kevin?) pointed out that I had no shirt on. I was somewhat disturbed that I’d gone to work shirtless, and not even realized it. I asked someone for a shirt. I think Andy had a spare one, but then it was a bit small for me.
I’m not sure when The Office part ended. It was a bit more elaborate than my description. At some point I was not in The Office, but was still shirtless and in the corporate world. We had gone to another building for a friend to run an errand. I was in the halls with him, still embarassingly under-shirted. Walking down corridors. He went into one businessplace, so I was in the hall alone, shirtless, getting a drink from the water fountain, as businessman walked by, obviously wondering if they need to call police/security. Awkwarrrrd.
At some point, I woke up from The Office dream — and perhaps the outer-layer dream that the inner-layer-Office-dream was contained in — and told Carolyn ALL about it, in greater detail than I can remember. I had written talking points on my left arm, succintly summarizing up what happened, and I elaborated on each one to her.
But the point that I woke up and told my dream to Carolyn might have been at the very end of things. Or it may be that I fell back to sleep and had more dreams. I’m really not sure.
Because I also had a crazy dream segment with me trying desperately to get home, but failing. I was in my car, but it was at the bottom of a 2-storey tall concrete backyard stairscase. Cars were not supposed to be down here. There was no road or driveway. It was a pedestrian staircase to someone’s house (as is common with houses higher/lower than the street they are on). To top things off, the top of the staircase was a cul-de-sac, and a car was parked in front of it. I was pretty much trapped, but I said “fuck it”, and drive up the concrete stairs. Amazingly, I got enough traction to handle the 45-degree pointy-stair-corner angle, and even gained enough momentum, to drive over the curb/bushes that were necessary to drive over to get around the car blocking the top.
At some point, I looked at my car, and it was just the trunk and the engine. The insides were all smashed up. Not sure how that worked. I really should realize these things are dreams!
But that wasn’t then. I still continued to drive around. I was at some downtown market. I ran into an ex-co-worker. Maybe Meschelle, but as is common in my dreams, people are not fully defined, just concepts, so I don’t know who they are for sure. Hardly ever. Even when they are close friends. So anyway, we are talking, and without her saying it, I gather she is homeless. So I offer to buy her some overpriced $5 sandwich at a local vendor stand. Meanwhile, my car is fucked up (maybe now it’s finally just-trunk-and-engine), and I’m not sure how to get home myself.
Everything was a jumbled mess. There was definitely a dream-within-a-dream, for sure. But the downtown-market-stuff was likely a completely different dream. But the fucked up car in that dream seems to be linked to the driving-up-concrete-stairs event, except that my car WASN’T fucked up for that one. So who knows. There were a lot of other crazy aspects that I don’t remember.
“Dreams… They’re the hurricanes that wash the soulfilth from the superdome of our nightminds.”
– Xavier:Renegade Angel (more…)
September 27, 2012
Posted by Clint under Anime
| Tags: Army
CARTOONS: The Pokemon Plot: How One Cartoon Inspired the Army to Dream Up a Seizure Gun | Danger Room | Wired.com
Cartoons! FOR WAR!!
Really… A better weapon would be the 3-D Jonas Brothers concert video.
But anyway… Why the hell can’t I find the seizure-inducing Pokemon clip for watching?
Surely someone must have videotaped it… And uploaded it somewhere. LiveLeak? I’ve looked for torrents and never found it.
I WOULD LIKE TO TEST MY VIEWING MIGHT.
I mean, I gotta be able to take more than a japanese schoolkids, right? How bad can some fucking flickering cartoons really be? I want to judge their wussiness by seeing it myself.
LINK URL: http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012/09/seizure-fever-dazzler/
UPDATE! FOUND IT! WATCH AT YOUR OWN RISK! But really…. pffft if this hurts you..
September 27, 2012
Next Page »