Coincidences


We only watched 34 in 2007! One every 10-11 days. And 41% (14) of them were animated. The other 59% (20) were live-action (though 2 of those had puppets!). We watched our movies in high-def 15% of the time — 5 movies — as we got an HDTV in the fall. We only watched 2 (6%) in the theatre (one was free). If you don’t count animated movies, Troma/B-movies, fan edits, documentary movies, we only watched about 13 “real” movies. So I’m going to break from the normal posting formula and not show the “awards” up top, because with so few movies, they’re not as important this year. Read on for 34 reviews!

Please leave some comments … let me know where you agree, disagree.. What you think.. What recommendations you may have based on what you’ve read.. Links to your own reviews of any of these movies… Links to your own lists of movies you’ve watched (friends only please), etc…

Also, check out our list of viewing coincidences at the bottom. Probably only interesting to us, it’s just fun to keep track for the sake of keeping track. (more…)

Here are all the movies Carolyn & I watched in 2005.

But first off, the awards:
BEST PICTURE: Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind, Sin City
RUNNER-UP: Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle

BEST ACTION: Chronicles Of Riddick, The Transporter
BEST COMEDY: Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
BEST COMEDY, STONER: Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle
HONORABLE MENTION:Dazed & Confused
BEST COMEDY, SEXUAL: A Dirty Shame
BEST COP MOVIE: Starsky & Hutch
BEST DOCUMENTARY: Super Size Me, Michael Moore:The Big One
BEST DRAMA: Lost In Translation
BEST DRUG MOVIE: The Salton Sea? Dazed & Confused?
BEST FIGHT SCENES: The Transporter
BEST HORROR, SCARY: The Grudge (really the only horror we’ve watched so far this year)
BEST HORROR, COMEDIC: Shaun Of The Dead
BEST HORROR, PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER: Saw & Phone Booth
RUNNER-UP:The Forgotten
HONORABLE MENTION:Sphere, with the sci-fi angle
BEST LOVE STORY: Lost In Translation
BEST PARTY MOVIE: Dazed & Confused (so far)
BEST ROMANCE: Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind HONORABLE MENTION:Lost In Translation
WORST ROMANCE: Birth
RUNNER-UP:Beautiful Girls
BEST SCI-FI MOVIE: Sphere RUNNER-UP:Chronicles Of Riddick
BEST SPECIAL EFFECTS: Chronicles Of Riddick
BEST STYLE: Sin City
MOST DEPRESSING: Hotel Rwanda RUNNER-UP:Lord Of The Flies
MOST FULL OF SHIT: Day After Tomorrow
SLOWEST MOVIE: Birth
WORST FLAW: Day After Tomorrow: scene where they draw a line across America, I’m on one side, then they flip back, and now I’m on the other side and safe! Carolyn is adamant here yelling that this doesn’t capture just how messed up it is, she’s drawing examples furiously on paper right now!
WORST PICTURE: Clint/Carolyn:Beautiful Girls/The Unforgiven/Birth, Carolyn/Clint:Birth/Beautiful Girls
RUNNER-UP: Hedwig & The Angry Inch
HONORABLE MENTION: Killer Klowns From Outer Space, but this movie didn’t try to take itself seriously so it gets some points forgiven

And now, the list of movies we watched:

(more…)

Here’s a list of all 101 movies Carolyn & I watched in 2003.

At the bottom is also several odd coincidences that happened as well. (more…)